Ryden has three independent technology systems which allow us to manage our central files, clients and property data. At present, there are no virtual links between the systems which results in the need to ensure that all data is consistent across the three systems.
To do this we need to ensure that the data we input is consistent across the firm and complies with set standards. There should continuous checking of this data for accuracy and action taken where standards are not met.
This role will empower the business by putting clear processes in place, reporting, engaging, training etc. It will develop (and shift focus) over time as our data volumes, systems and usage of those build up.
- Oversight and Super-User of Sage, Alcium and Riverlake
- Responsible for monitoring the accuracy and consistency of the data in all the systems against agreed data standards
- Work with others to compile the data standards for each system
- Assist in Anti-Money Laundering compliance with set procedures
- Attend strategic Proptech meetings to ensure decisions compatible across all systems
- Engage with staff/teams where there are discrepancies between the data and the agreed standards to ensure rectification. Escalation to senior management as required.
- Alongside system providers, provide training/coaching with regards specific tasks within the systems, refresher training etc.
- Responsible for producing process flows that will ensure end users know how to use the systems
- Run monthly compliance reports against agreed indicators for discussion at Proptech meetings and highlight those users/teams who consistently fail to comply for sanction
- Report running expert
- Interface between the end user in Ryden and the software providers
- Always looking for a better way of working, including identifying appropriate Proptech solutions and proposing options to the managing group
Day to day reporting and line management will be into the Research team.
- This is a new role so the opportunity is here to shape the offering and we will expect this person to come with ideas on how to deliver
- Confident, people person who is comfortable giving feedback to senior colleagues
- Ability to create strong relationships at all levels of the business (not just those involved in data work)
- An understanding of the critical nature of data within a business and the value it
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar/compatible role
- Can be from inside or outside the property industry but experience of successful data practices.
- Ability to pick up new IT systems quickly and comfortable analysing large volumes of data (Excel super user)
We are open to discussion around working hours and location although we anticipate this role Post-Covid, to be based in either Edinburgh or Glasgow but you should be willing to travel between the two and it is likely to begin with more time spent in the Edinburgh office. We are happy to look at flexible working patterns that could work for you and us. There will also be travel to our other UK locations.
We are keen to hear from you if you are up for the challenge that this newly created role will bring. Please send CV and covering note to Head of HR, Jennifer.email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
BUILDING SURVEYOR - EDINBURGH
Ryden LLP is a forward-looking and dedicated team of property professionals headquartered in Scotland and operating from the UK’s commercial hubs, including London. We have an ambitious plan for growth in our business
We were established in 1959 and have developed a well-deserved reputation for quality, creativity and enjoyable dedication to our client’s outcomes.
We are currently recruiting for Building Surveyor(s) and will be considering applicants across both Graduate and Surveyor (MRICS) positions to join our leading and well established Project and Building Consultancy team. This position is Edinburgh based, open to discussion on a flexible working pattern.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a high quality and successful market facing team and help to manage our instructions and ensuring excellent outcomes for our clients.
Applicants must be degree qualified (for Graduate level) and hold MRICS for Surveyor level.
The role(s) is ideally suited to someone with an ability to work on their own initiative, within a team environment and who will possess excellent IT and communication skills, along with a valid driving licence. Project and Building Consultancy is a substantial part of the Ryden business and the opportunity for the successful candidates to work as part of multi-disciplinary teams within Ryden, will also be a key feature of the role(s).
Building Surveyor Position Overview & Requirements
- Work towards APC (for Graduate level applicants)
- Ensure clients expectations are delivered
- Assist the Associates and Partners in servicing internal and external based clients
- Handle tasks delegated to maintain and improve professional standards
- Involvement of all aspects of commercial building surveying work from, dilapidations, design and contract administration, defect analysis, technical due diligence p and all forms of building surveys.
- Willing to listen to guidance and instructions
- Preparation of AutoCAD drawings
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written whilst contributing to our existing team
- Ability to work under pressure alongside and reporting to Partners / Associate Partners/Senior Surveyors, and be a positive contributor to fun and invigorating workplace and business
- Salary – Dependant on Position - To be discussed at interview stage
- Other company benefits will be available and will be discussed at interview stage.
All CV’s to be directed to Jennifer Marshall Jennifer.Marshall@ryden.co.uk
No CV’s from Agency’s or Third Parties
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT - LEEDS
Ryden LLP is a forward-looking and dedicated team of property professionals headquartered in Scotland and operating from the UK’s commercial hubs, including Leeds. We have an ambitious plan for growth in England. We were established in 1969 and have developed a well-deserved reputation for quality, creativity and dedication to our client’s outcomes.
We are looking for a Management Accountant to join our property management team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a small, focused and well-established team helping to manage our instructions and ensuring excellent outcomes for our clients and customers.
Duties of this role will include
The successful candidate will ensure that an excellent standard of Real Estate Accounting is delivered to our client through effective management of our service delivery across our portfolio. This includes:
- General Accounting, Client Reporting, Data Inputting, VAT Reporting, Income Demands and Bank Reconciliations according to our client’s needs.
- Constantly monitor and review with Property Management Team all service charge expenditure across our portfolio.
- Formal forecasting at agreed intervals to identify potential issues in advance and suggest remedial action if required
- Work with the Property Management team on the preparation and presentation of annual budgets for which will be set in advance of the commencement of the service charge year in accordance with agreed KPI’s and issuing budgets to external stakeholders.
- Processing of estate re-charges ensuring calculations and apportionments are correct and amended when required and ensuring supporting documentation and frequency is correct
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to undertake an interim reviews of the service charge and then to ensure all service charge closures are audited and closed at the year-end within the agreed client KPIs.
- Monitor service charge income, ensuring income and apportionment is accounted for correctly, highlighting discrepancies with the estate team and completing remedial action as appropriate.
- Investigating and management of cashflow issues across the portfolio.
- Reconciliation and approval of void costs in relation to vacant space on site.
- Quality review of income charged to occupiers reconciling to the tenancy schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate within a team, drive actions and achieve results.
This role would suit an ambitious individual who would like to establish their reputation in our market and who is interested in developing our systems and procedures as we progress with our ambitious agenda for growth.
Your experience and skills
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with strong proven customer service experience.
Self-motivated and proactive
Attention to detail and well organised and the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
A great team member and colleague.
Previous account management highly desired preferably in Real Estate
Ability to coordinate delivery to several stakeholders
Ability to interpret financial data and Real Estate transactions and present to on-Financial stakeholders
Experience in budget and cost control
Experience in business park management desirable but not essential
Experience in service charge accounting desirable but not essential
Responsibility for Staff
No current direct reports.
You will report to our Associate within the Property Management Team.
You will develop and nurture relationships across our business but your focus will be within the Leeds Property Management function.
Your application will be reviewed by our HR team and other individuals who are likely to come into contact with this role. You will be contacted if you are successful in being shortlisted for this role.
If you are interested in talking to us about this role please contact Jennifer Marshall firstname.lastname@example.org