If you haven't already taken action time is running out. The deadline for lodging your Rateable Value Appeal is 30 September 2017.
- If you don't appeal now there will not be another chance to appeal your Rateable Value (RV) until 2022 (unless there is an error or change of circumstance).
- Even if your Rates Bill has gone down it could be reduced further through an appeal.
- The Business Rates caps announced by the Scottish Government for the hospitality/tourism sector and offices in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire are due to end on 31 March 2018.
- Although the Barclay Review recommends moving to a three yearly revaluation cycle this will not be implemented before 2022.
- The Barclay Review has recommended a reduction in relief for vacant listed properties to a maximum of two years relief.
- The Barclay Review has also suggested restricting the small business bonus scheme to properties that are occupied.
There is still time to act.